Centre for Excellence on Cyber Law and Cyber Security
The main purpose of the Centre for Excellence on Cyber Law and Cyber Security is to understand the new arena of growth, problems and critical issues that are emerging with the growth of information technology and to promote research through updating of existing laws, policies, cases and materials, to develop technically skilled manpower in cyber law and to conduct seminars and workshops. During the year the following events were conducted:
- One Day Seminar on ‘Digital India: Cyber Law Dynamics’ organized on August 29, 2015: The Faculty of Law and The Centre for Cyber Laws and Cyber Security, Faculty of Law, IFHE, jointly conducted a one day seminar on ‘Digital India: Cyber Law Dynamics’ for the students, faculty members and advocates on August 29, 2015. On the occasion, Hon’ble Justice L. Narasimha Reddy, former Chief Justice of Patna High Court of Judicature, was the Chief Guest. Other honorable guests were Sri A. Narasimha Reddy, Chairman of AP Bar Council, Sri N. Ramachander Rao, MLC and Member of Bar Council of India. The Chief Guest Justice L. Narasimha Reddy addressed the gathering on the legal facets of digitalization of India and its impact on contemporary society.
- Shri A. Narasimha Reddy addressed the gathering on the topic, ‘Union Government Project on Digital India’ and highlighted the objectives of the Project for effective administration of Justice. He also addressed the legal facets of digitalization of India, its impacts on contemporary society and stressed on the effective utilization of technology and the governance of technology through legal framework. Sri N. Ramachander Rao also addressed the gathering on the importance of technology in legal framework. He also expressed that technology and governance should go hand in hand.
- Dr. J. Mahender Reddy, Vice-chancellor, in his presidential address highlighted about the IT Act 2000 and relevant amendments. Twenty three papers were presented by the faculty, Cyber officials, IPR experts, Advocates and Students on topics like ‘Information Technology Law: Applications and Implications’, ‘Cyber Forensics: Investigations and Prosecutions’ and ‘E-Governance: E-Justice’. Prof. V. Hemalatha Devi, Dean, FOL, Mrs. M. Annapurna Devi, Coordinator, Centre for Cyber Laws, Advocates, faculty members and students were also present.
- One Day Workshop on “Cyber Security: Techno-Legal Issues” was organized on 23rd November, 2016, jointly with Faculty of Science and Technology, IFHE, Hyderabad. The Workshop mainly focused on the investigation challenges in the Cyber Crimes. It has highlighted on the issue of Cyber forensics and data protections laws in India and International regime. Mr. U. Ram Mohan, SP (CID), and Mr. Ashok Ram Kumar, Advocate (ITC) were the resource persons. It could inculcate passion among students from both legal and Technology Departments. The workshop conducted three sessions Cyber Crime and Security Cyber forensic (Demo) Cyber law and Issues. The workshop created interaction among the advocate with most practical questions and clarifications were given in this regard.
- The Center for Cyber Law and Cyber Security initiated negotiations with Telangana State Forensic Lab, Red Hills, Hyderabad for sharing of knowledge. The faculty in-charge of the Center met Shri U. Ram Mohan, SP, CID (Cyber Crimes). Students of Semester VIII were taken to the Forensic Lab and shown various departments and the students interacted with the heads of the department of handwriting experts, DNA, Fingerprints and Analysis of Drugs & Poison and others.
- One day Refresher course for Advocates of High Courts of Judicature for the State of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh at “Legal Dynamics: A Revisit" conducted on March 14, 2015. The Centre as a part of the Refresher course for Advocates has conducted Technical Session “Cyber Crimes: Investigative Perceptions”, chaired by Shri Hari Kishore Kusumakar IPS, is an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of 1998 Batch from West Bengal Cadre. He has contributed immensely in capacity building in Cyber Crime Investigation Training in NPA during his tenure. The Honourable Justice Sri Kalyan Jyothi Sen Gupta, Chief Justice of High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad of State of Telangana & State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Training to Army Officers, organized during 19th to 31st January, 2015. The Centre trained Army officers at Management Development Program conducted for Army Officers (19th to 31st January, 2015) on General Management on January 30th, 2015. The Session held on topic “Legal Implications of Cyber Laws with Special Emphasis on Cyber Security Issue”.
- The Center has conducted Cyber Smart Program, on November 17, 2014, chaired by Mr. Sushant Samudrala, the CEO of Cyber Law Knowledge Center and Sushant IT Law Associates, Hyderabad.
- The Center for Cyber Law and Cyber Security initiated negotiations with Telangana State Forensic Lab, Red Hills, Hyderabad for sharing of knowledge. The faculty in-charge of the Center met Shri U. Ram Mohan, SP, CID (Cyber Crimes) and had several discussions.
- Students of Semester VIII were taken to the Forensic Lab and shown various departments. The students interacted with experts in the areas of handwriting, DNA, Fingerprints, Analysis of Drugs & Poison etc. Efforts are on to sign an MOU for continuous sharing of knowledge.
- The Centre for Excellence on Cyber Law and Cyber Security has initiated the process to have a tie-up with International Association of Lawyers for the conduct of Conferences, Seminars, Symposia on Cyber Law and Cyber Security and its allied areas.
- It is also proposed by the Centre to associate with the Data Security Council of India for Data Protection and Privacy so as to deal with and have brain storming sessions through seminars and conferences in order to highlight the significance and relevance of Data Protection and Privacy nationally and internationally in the wake of policies brought about by the Govt.
- The centre has also proposed to organise an International Seminar on Cyber Law and Cyber Security in collaboration with the firm of Cyber Law headed by the legal luminary Mr. Pavan Duggal.