The B.Com Programs are offered by ICFAI Business School (IBS), a constituent of the ICFAI Foundation of Higher Education (IFHE) Hyderabad.
IBS Hyderabad is proud to announce a career-focused, professionally curated 3-year B.Com (IT & Analytics), 4-year B.Com (Honors), and 4-year B.Com (Honors with Research) programs.
These programs are formulated in line with the New Education Policy (NEP) announced by the Government of India in 2020. They are designed to provide students with sound knowledge in Commerce, Accounting, Auditing, Taxation and other allied areas. They will equip students with the skills required to recognize and deal with complex real world business challenges and provide students with the necessary conceptual and technical skills for effective professional work in the current dynamic VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) market environment.
These programs are well-structured and provide ample flexibility with multiple exit options. Students may choose to exit after 3 years with a B.Com (IT & Analytics) UG degree. After completion of 3-year B.Com UG degree program, students can pursue studies and consequently seek careers as professional Chartered Accountants, Chartered Financial Analysts, Cost Accountants, and Company Secretaries. They can also seek careers in leading Indian and global companies as Accountants, Data Analysts, Associate Analysts, Internal Auditors, Finance Executives, Cost and Management Accountants, etc. The courses in IT and Analytics will provide them the technological advantage that can fast track their careers.
Students opting for the 4-year B.Com (Honors) programs can choose and specialize in one of the areas of Taxation, Corporate Finance, Banking, Insurance, Capital Markets, Accounting and Auditing with IT & Analytics as minors and secure better careers in top banking, financial services, Insurance and Consulting Companies. The Honors program will also train students to establish and promote their own start-ups.
Students choosing the B.Com (Honors with Research) program can explore and pursue research in emerging areas of Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting and submit a dissertation at the end of the program. They will be provided with a firm base in research techniques and methods to prepare them for exciting academic (institutional teaching and research) or professional consulting careers. Students completing the 4-year program with Honors/Research can apply for one year Master's Program offered by different Universities/Colleges. Incidentally, careers in the consulting business are the most sought after by all graduates across the world. Students could also choose to pursue higher degree programs, including PhD, in top-rated institutions in India and abroad.
Learning is a continuous, lifelong activity, particularly so at IBS and today's VUCA world. Using a variety of teaching-learning methods at IBS, particularly the case-based learning method, which promises to make the students' learning experiences intellectually exciting, absorbing and rewarding.
Pass in Class XII or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 50% and above marks (any discipline) with English as medium of instruction.
The Selection is based on merit and personal interview. The applicant should fulfil the minimum age requirement as prescribed by the respective board through which the applicant has appeared for the qualifying examination.
- 91 acres of lush green campus on Shankarpalli Road
- Built-up area of over 16 lakhs sq. ft.
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Bloomberg Finance Lab
- Air-conditioned and spacious class-rooms
- Fully equipped library
- State-of-the art computer center
- Experienced and committed faculty
- Specially designed auditorium and conference halls for presentations and discussions
- Modern canteen with multi-cuisine food
- ATM center
- Facilities for indoor and outdoor sports and recreation
- Socially relevant and industry focused curriculum with cutting-edge courses
- Student Clubs for co-curricular and extra curricular activities
- Summer Internships Program
- Personal effectiveness lab to develop students’ personality
- B.Com (Hons.) Program is divided into 8 Semesters spread over four years.
- Students can opt to exit after the third year with a Graduation BCom Degree.
- The 4-year Program consists of 47 courses (24 core commerce (including 4 electives) + 9 minor in IT & Analytic courses + 3 inter-disciplinary courses + 4 Ability Enhancement + 3 Skill Enhancement courses + 4 Value Added Courses).
- There is one Summer Internship Program, after the second year for a period of 8 weeks to provide corporate exposure.
- On completion of third year of B.Com, the program gives a choice to the students to opt for Research Project in Commerce, that concludes with submission of Dissertation. Such students will be awarded B.Com(Hons. with Research).
|Semester||B.Com (Hons.) Courses||Category||Credits|
|Semester I||Financial Accounting||Major||4|
|Computer Applications in Business Processes||Minor||4|
|Effective English Communication||Ability Enhance||3|
|Fundamentals of Soft Skills||Skill Enhance||3|
|Personal, Family and Social Health Management||Value Add||3|
|Understanding India||Value Add||2|
|Semester II||Corporate Accounting||Major||4|
|Fundamentals of Information security||Minor||4|
|Introduction to Psychology||Inter-Disc||3|
|Functional English||Ability Enhance||2|
|Digital Skills||Skill Enhance||3|
|Human Values and Professional Ethics||Value Add||2|
|Human Society in the Natural Environment: Sustainability Issues||Value Add||3|
|Semester III||Cost Accounting||Major||4|
|Data Analytics Essentials||Minor||4|
|Academic Reading and Writing||Ability Enhance||2|
|Impactful Presentations||Skill Enhance||3|
|Semester IV||Computerized Accounting||Major||4|
|Database Management System||Minor||4|
|Data Visualisation & Mining||Minor||4|
|Introduction to Modern Indian Language (SWAYAM)||Ability Enhance||3|
|Semester V||Indian Financial System||Major||4|
|Banking Theory and Practice||Major||4|
|Business Analytics using SAS, R, Python||Minor||4|
|Semester VI||Financial Control System||Major||4|
|Big Data & Predictive Analytics||Minor||4|
|Bcom (Hons.)||Bcom(Hons. with Research)|
|Semester VII||Project Appraisal & Finance||Research Methods-I||Major||4|
|Business Ethics and Corporate Governance||International Financial Reporting||Major||4|
|Emerging Technologies for Future Managers||Minor||4|
|Semester VIII||International Finance Management||Research Methods-II (4) Research Project/Dissertation (12)||Major||4|
|M R Project||Major||4|
|Basics of Block Chain||Minor||4|
|Interviews||July 6, 2023 onwards|
|Registration and Commencement of program||August 07, 2023|
The Admission modalities are with reference to the B.Com Program offered by ICFAI Business School (IBS), a constituent of the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad.
B.Com: Pass in Class XII or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 50% and above marks (any discipline) with English as medium of instruction.
How to Apply:
Students interested can apply by any one of the following methods:
- Online Application Applicants can apply online by filling up the Application Form available at B.Com applicants: https://www.ifheindia.org/IBS-Hyderabad/bcom.html and make payment of Rs.500 towards the cost of an application using Credit / Debit Card (Visa / Master Card) / Internet Banking through secure internet payment gateway. Applicants applying online should upload their passport size color photograph while filling the Online Application. The Prospectus will be sent to such applicants.
- Download of Application Form Applicants can fill their details online and download the Application Form from B.Com, applicants: https://www.ifheindia.org/IBS-Hyderabad/bcom.html and send it to the Admissions Office along with the Bank Demand Draft of Rs.500 drawn on Scheduled Commercial Bank towards the cost of the application in favor of "IFHE- Fee Collection A/c-BA", payable at Hyderabad.
- Fill the Application Form Applicants can fill in the application form given in page No 3 and send it to the Admissions Office.
All applicants are mandatorily required to indicate their e-mail ID, as all important information relating to programs will be intimated to the applicants by e-mail. Similarly all applicants are required to send their communication by e-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission of Application Form:
Completed application forms should reach the following address before June 30, 2023 by person / post / courier.
Fee Schedule for B.Com Program
|Particulars||Due Date||Fee (amount in ₹)|
|Admission Fee||On Interview Day||20,000|
|Semester I Fee||July 10, 2023||60,000|
|Semester II Fee||December 28, 2023||60,000|
|Semester III Fee||July 29, 2024||60,000|
|Semester IV Fee||December 23, 2024||60,000|
|Semester V Fee||July 22, 2025||60,000|
|Semester VI Fee||December 24, 2025||60,000|
|Semester VII Fee||July 21, 2026||60,000|
|Semester VIII Fee||December 23, 2026||60,000|
Students of BCom Program are required to pay a caution deposit of Rs. 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the program.
Accommodation and Transportation
Limited hostel rooms are available at the campus on twin sharing basis. Day Scholars can avail bus facility from City to IFHE Campus on payment basis.
IFHE offers merit scholarships to the students pursuing the BCom Program. The scholarships are based on past academic record in Class XII and Semester-wise performance during the BCom Program.
A. Merit Scholarships based on past academic record
Students will be awarded merit scholarships based on percentage of aggregate marks achieved in qualifying examination (Class XII or its equivalent). Scholarship will continue semester after semester only on maintaining the minimum 7.0 GPA in the previous semester. The details are as presented in the following table.
|Aggregate Percentage of marks in Class XII or its equivalent||≥ 90||≥80 - < 90||≥70- < 80|
|Total amount of Scholarship (₹)*||54,000||36,000||30,000|
|Scholarship Amount per semester (₹)||6,750||4,500||3,750|
* Above scholarship amount will be disbursed equally in 6 installments in each semester fee payable.
B. Merit Scholarships based on Semester-wise Performance
Up to 10% of the students of the batch will be awarded merit scholarships based on the Semester-wise performance in the BCom Program (Details presented in the table given below). These scholarships are awarded in addition to the scholarships based on the past academic record.
|Semester Performance (CGPA)||≥ 90||≥80.5 - < 90||≥80- < 80.5|
|Scholarship Amount (₹) per Semester||18,000||13,200||9,000|