Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani, Pilani Campus Ph.D.
Optimization using Heuristics and Metaheuristics
1. C. Shekhar, S. Varshney, and A. Kumar: “Optimal Control of a Service System with Emergency Vacation
using Bat Algorithm”, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics (Elsevier), Vol. 364, pp.
2. C. Shekhar, S. Varshney, and A. Kumar, “Optimal and Sensitivity Analysis of Vacation Queueing System
with F‐Policy and Vacation Interruption”, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering (Springer), Vol.
45, No. 8, pp. 7091‐7107, 2020.
3. C. Shekhar, S. Varshney, and A. Kumar, “Matrix‐Geometric Solution of Multi‐Server Queueing Systems
with Bernoulli Scheduled Modified Vacation and Retention of Reneged Customers: A Metaheuristic
Approach”, Quality Technology & Quantitative Management (Taylor & Francis), Accepted, 2020.
4. C. Shekhar, A. Kumar, and S. Varshney, “Load Sharing Redundant Repairable Systems with Switching
and Reboot Delay”, Reliability Engineering and System Safety (Elsevier), Vol. 193, pp. 106656, 2020.
5. C. Shekhar, S. Varshney, and A. Kumar, “Reliability and Vacation: The Critical Issue” in Advances in
Reliability Analysis and Its Applications, Eds. M. Ram, and H. Pham, Springer Series in Reliability
Engineering, Springer Nature (Switzerland, AG), pp. 251‐292, 2019.
6. C. Shekhar, A. Kumar, S. Varshney, and S. I. Ammar, “Fault‐Tolerant Redundant Repairable System with
Different Failures and Delays”, Engineering Computations (Emerald), Accepted, 2019.
7. C. Shekhar, A. Kumar, S. Varshney, and S. I. Ammar, “M/G/1 Fault‐Tolerant Machining System with
Imperfection”, Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization (AIMS), Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 1‐28,