Objectives of Academic Staff College
- To impart training to teachers to evolve them into inspiring teachers.
- To induct the newly placed teachers by providing inputs on policies, practices and procedures of the university.
- To enhance the research capabilities of teachers and scholars by inculcating sound research methodology.
- To expose teachers to the information communication technologies (ICT) to make them effective in academic delivery.
- To train non-teaching staff to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- To nurture leadership capabilities of the teachers and non-teachers to prepare them for future responsibilities.
In furtherance of these objectives, the Staff College would undertake following activities/programs:
- Orientation programs and refresher courses for current teachers.
- Specially designed programs on innovative pedagogies for effective teaching.
- Training programs for the university administrators to enhance administrative skills, inter-personal skills, managerial skills, employee relationship management, statutory compliances, etc.
- Training programs on application oriented teaching-learning processes.
- Training programs on undertaking industrial consultancy works.
- Workshop on use of web-based interactive teaching models.
- Workshops on academic management.
- Workshops on case teaching.
- Workshops on case writing.
- Workshops on conducting successful management development programs.
- Workshops on preparation of project reports for funding.
- Workshops on research methodology and research skills.
- Workshops on teaching skills.
Any other activity/programs which helps in the furtherance of these objectives.