Profile of the Vice Chancellor
Prof. (Dr.) L. S. Ganesh (aka LSG), Former Professor, Department of Management Studies & Dean, Indian Institute of Technology Madras has been appointed as the Vice Chancellor, the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education with effect from September 01, 2022. Prof. LSG has over three decades of academic experience involving teaching, research, and intellectual services. He has served as a Visiting Professor at the University of Passau in Germany, the Indian Institute of Management at Bangalore and Kozhikode, the Indian School of Business at Hyderabad, the National Institute of Technology at Trichy, and other national-level and sub-regional Institutions, including the newly established National Rail and Transportation Institute at Vadodara. International organizations such as the World Bank and the UNDP, and national-level Institutions and organizations such as the MHRD, AICTE, NBA, ISRO, CII, FICCI, and MMA have utilized his expertise and services in some of their projects, programmes, and events.
Prof. LSG has held key positions in professional bodies such as the Project Management Institute (India), Society of Operations Management, and Product Development and Management Association (India). Professor LSG has been offered many Awards, Honours, and much professional recognition, including:
- In 2007, the Distinguished Alumnus Award by the BITS Pilani Alumni Association (Delhi Chapter)
- In 2015, the IIT Madras Alumni Association Award for distinguished services
- In 2017, the prestigious Distinguished Fellow award by the Project Management Institute (India)
- In 2017, the Distinguished Professor award by the Computer Society of India (Mumbai)
- In 2017, identification as one of the top-52 innovative teachers in India selected across all disciplines via the Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching
- In 2020, the status of Visiting Professor and Mentor-in-Residence at the Indian Institute of Management at Bangalore
- In 2020, the status of Professor of Eminence at the Anna University in Chennai, and
- In 2020, the status of Member of the Syndicate, Periyar University in Salem
- From 2020, the status of Honorary Distinguished Professor and Advisor to the President of the SRM Institute of Science and Technology at Chennai.
- From 2020-2022, the status of Member of the UVCE 2.0 Expert Committee of the Government of Karnataka, which has transformed the University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering into a State Institute of Eminence.
- From 2022, the status of Member of the Task Force of the Government of Karnataka, which seeks to revamp selected Engineering Colleges in the state into Karnataka Institutes of Technology.
Since 2017-2018, he has served as:
- a Member of the Board of Governors of the
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) at Trichy, and
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at Palakkad
- a nominee of the President of India to the faculty selection committees for the
- Departments of Management at the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) located in different states and union territories of India
- Department of Liberal Arts at the Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
- Department of Management at the Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad, and to the Executive Council, and the Court of the Indian Maritime University
Prof. LS Ganesh
VC, IFHE Hyderabad